About the Position
This is a full-time position in Kraków, suitable for newly graduated keen on staying connected with the scientific research in their areas of expertise. Assistant Editors can choose to work either from the office, hybrid or fully remote.
As an Assistant Editor at MDPI, you will be responsible for coordinating the editorial process and meticulously processing manuscripts from submission until publication.
Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to work in journals related to your professional expertise. We are looking for Editors educated in scientific fields such as Biology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Sustainability, Ecology and Environmental Sciences.
The ideal candidate shares our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing.
• Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
• Organize the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
• Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
• Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
• Master degree or PhD degree
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong English skills in written and spoken language
• Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience with scholarly publishing would be beneficial
• Poland residence permit
What we offer
• Bonus system for high performing employees
• Private medical care (fully covered)
• MultiSport card (partially covered)
• Team building activities
• Possibility for business travels (global situation permitting)
• Working in the international team
• Contributing to the academic community
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 380 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by over 115,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America (Canada). We are committed to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
MDPI Poland opened the first office in Kraków in 2020. With a constantly growing team of over 100 employees, our mission is to grow the editorial teams across different sections and journals locally and further develop our services as the biggest Open Access Publisher.