About the Position
This is an office-based position in Kraków, suitable for newly graduated keen on staying connected with the scientific research in their areas of expertise.
As an Assistant Editor at MDPI, you will be responsible for coordinating the editorial process and meticulously processing manuscripts from submission until publication.
Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to work in journals related to your professional expertise. We are looking for Editors educated in scientific fields such as Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, Biology, Food Science, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Geography, Public Health.
The ideal candidate shares our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing.
• Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
• Organize the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
• Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
• Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
• Master's degree or Ph.D. degree
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong English skills in written and spoken language - at least B2 level
• Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Very good communication and coordination skills
• Poland residence permit
• Experience with scholarly publishing would be beneficial
What we offer
• Bonus system for high performing employees
• Private medical care (fully covered)
• MultiSport card (partially covered)
• Team building activities
• Flexible start time, between 7 and 9 am
• Working in an international environment
• Contributing to the academic community
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by academic editors from around the world. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.