To strengthen our Editorial team, we are looking for recent graduates who are eager to stay connected to scientific research by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results. This is a full-time, in-office and entry level position based in our Krakow office.
As an Assistant Editor at MDPI, you will be responsible for coordinating the editorial process and meticulously processing manuscripts from submission until publication. Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to work in journals related to your professional expertise. We are looking for Editors educated in various scientific fields. The ideal candidate shares our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
- Organize the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
- Preferably Ph.D. degree
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language - at least B2 level
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Very good communication and coordination skills
- Poland residence permit
- Experience with scholarly publishing would be beneficial
What we offer
- Bonus system for high performing employees
- Private medical care (fully covered)
- MultiSport card (partially covered)
- Team building activities
- Flexible start time, between 7 and 9 am
- Working in an international environment
- Contributing to the academic community
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your CV in English. We look forward to welcoming you to our Krakow office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find below a list of our main platforms: