Are you a native English speaker, living in Poland and interested in supporting researchers to publish their latest results? We are looking for English Editors to support the editorial process at MDPI. This is a full-time and in-office position, based in Krakow office.
Tasks & Responsibilities
English Editors are expected to edit scholarly articles to a publishable standard of English, working to short deadlines and meeting work targets with a high degree of consistency. Alongside editing scholarly papers, there are ample opportunities to diversify and develop through additional responsibilities, such as editing corporate material (e.g., announcements, flyers, or web pages) and supporting journal editors with English-related tasks. All new editors undergo a probation period with training provided.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in any subject
- English as a first language
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Excellent self-organization, including meeting work targets
- Great attention to detail
- Willingness to collaborate as part of an international team
- An interest in scholarly research
- Polish residence permit
The following are a benefit
- Previous experience editing, writing or publishing scholarly content
- Experience using LaTeX and working in a research environment
- A Ph.D. or equivalent qualification
What we offer
- Private medical care (fully covered)
- MultiSport card (partially covered)
- Team building activities
- Flexible start time, between 8 and 10 am
- Working in an international environment
- Contributing to the academic community
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV in English. We look forward to welcoming you to our Krakow office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find below a list of our main platforms: